Thursday 19 January 2012

The Creative Process



These pictures are from a first year university project called creative processes. We were required to express
our creativity though a self-portrait. The purpose of the finished product was to inform the viewer about who I am. I didn't really like the idea of having to take pictures of myself so I just took one picture and used the same image to experiment throughout the whole of my journal. I used Photoshop to experiment with layering and took some pop art type inspiration from Lichtenstein, but in the end I opted for my own line drawing.

I printed a picture out a picture of myself and then with a fine black marker I drew over my features. I then framed the picture in the middle of the page and drew around my face. I included images of things that related specifically to me such as my iPod with the song I was listening to while working. I included my digital Canon IXUS5C camera which I brought in my first year of A-level and still use now. My favourite film, my student ID card, a logo of Quorn (I am a vegetarian and couldn't live without Quorn), a flag and Sikh symbol, my old Nokia phone and a clapper board. I then cut it out and tried to create a 3D effect by sticking it onto some black card with thick double sided tape. The finished outcome looks better than I predicted and I still have it hanging up in my bedroom.

KKhurana

No comments:

Post a Comment